Friday, March 22, 2013

Let's do a book meme!

SF Signal has one up on their site about scifi, fantasy, and horror reads and figure "what the hell?" and do it. I'm leaving out the horror section, because the only horror novel I've ever read was Joe Hill's Heart-Shaped Box.

Scifi:
  • The last science fiction book I read was: Redshirts by John Scalzi.
  • The science fiction book I am reading right now is: 1633 by Eric Flint.
  • The next science fiction book I will read is: That's a tough one. I might jump back to The Short Victorious War, or finish The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
  • The last science fiction book I didn’t finish was: Hellhole by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.
  • I didn’t finish it because: The premise was good and it was interesting, but it just didn't hook me like other books normally do.
  • The last science fiction I recommended to a friend was: I've recommended books on my Tumblr, but I can't remember what the last scifi one was.
  • The last science fiction book someone recommended to me was (Did you enjoy it?): Can't say that I've ever had anyone recommend a book to me.
  • My favorite science fiction novel is: I honestly have no idea. I like them all.
  • An underrated science fiction author is: George Mann for his Newbury and Hobbes series of steampunk novels.
  • My favorite sub-genre of science fiction is: It's a tie between military science fiction and space opera. I like stories with lots of action and adventure in them.
Fantasy:
  • The last fantasy book I read was: Dies the Fire by S.M. Stirling. I'd consider that more fantasy than science fiction.
  • The fantasy book I am reading right now is: The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.
  • The next fantasy book I will read is: Either Mistborn, A Clash of Kings, or I might go back to The Hobbit.
  • The last fantasy book I didn’t finish was: Sourcery by Terry Pratchett.
  • I didn’t finish it because: The first several books in the Discworld series are focused on wizards and witches (with the exception of Mort) and it got tiring to read another one about them.
  • The last fantasy I recommended to a friend was: See the answer in the scifi section.
  • The last fantasy book someone recommended to me was (Did you enjoy it?): I think someone once recommended The Dresden Files and I fell in love with those books.
  • My favorite fantasy novel is: I can't pick just one and no single book leaps out at me. They're all good.
  • An underrated fantasy author is: Michael J. Sullivan.
  • My favorite sub-genre of fantasy is: I'm partial to military fantasy. Like my answer for the scifi question, I tend to favor stories with lots of action and adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment