Monday, November 2, 2020

A Programming Note

Howdy, howdy, I thought I'd chime in and give a heads up on what I'm planning to do with Nerd Trash. I want to start posting here more and on Tumblr less, but at the same time I no longer feel "nerdy" so the plan is to shift the blog away from "nerdy" content and towards stuff that I think is interesting and worth posting.

The reason why I don't feel nerdy anymore is because 1. There's not a whole lot that interests me that doesn't require a subscription to a streaming service or otherwise laying out a fair chunk of money that I don't have. 2. Being nerdy is honestly just too expensive nowadays for those just stated reasons. It's just gotten to be too consumerist for my tastes. There's more emphasis to own things for the "nerd cred" than there is for actually being nerdy and enjoying the aspects of the subculture that made being a nerd fun.

Now, that doesn't mean that I won't ever post nerd content on here, because I will from time to time, but only when it strikes my interest.

In terms of actual changes, I might fool around with the blog's layout and theme, but otherwise there won't be much difference beyond what I post.

Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. It's always interesting to see in what direction my fellow bloggers can take their personal blogs as their lives develop.

    ReplyDelete