Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Let's take a look at how New Mutants did at the box office

I totally forgot about this movie until I saw it trending on Twitter today. Then I remembered a post I wrote on here where I pondered how well or bad the movie would do once it was released. So with that in mind, I decided to see how much money it made versus how much it cost to make and well, it did better than I expected? According to several sources, New Mutants cost $80 million on the high-end and made $45 million, falling around $35 million short of breaking even.

I'll be honest, I thought the box office was nothing to be much lower by at least $15 million. The movie was in limbo forever; so long in fact that they couldn't do the standard reshoots that all movies normally do because the actors had visibly aged enough to be noticeable. Of course any money made is a profit for Disney, who didn't bankroll the movie save for possibly the cost of finishing the editing and adding the special effects. Even more money is bound to be made now that New Mutants is out on disc and streaming services. Who knows, maybe the movie will break even after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment