Monday, December 9, 2013

Welp, still can't play Medieval: Total War and DOSBox was no help

You might remember that I posted of my woes last year of not being able to play Medieval: Total War because it won't run on Vista. Well, I forgot that I had installed DOSBox a while back and decided to try that because what the hell, may as well. Did it work?

Granted, DOSBox might not be the right application in the first place, but hells bells, I didn't know how to get the game to run on it. I Googled, found instructions and how-tos and maybe it's because I'm not a tech geek, I failed epically. What I mind end up doing is just hauling my old tower up from the basement and just switching to that whenever I feel like playing MTW or Freelancer. What gets me though, is that those two games won't run on Vista, yet Warcraft II: Battlenet Edition, which was released in '99 (although Warcraft II itself was released in '95) will run perfectly. Hell, I can run Starcraft and even Master of Orion II with relative ease.

No wonder people hate Vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment