Sunday, March 19, 2017

Seven down, eight to go

So remember back at the beginning of the year when I posted about my reading goals for the year? If not, then you know, scroll down like three or four spots. Anyways, one of them was to read at least fifteen books. It was my goal last year and I more than surpassed it, and this year looks no different. Three months into the year and I'm already halfway there with seven books down and eight left to go.

Here's the list so far:
  • Tooth and Nail - Ian Rankin
  • Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb
  • His Majesty's Dragon - Naomi Novik
  • Old Man's War - John Scalzi
  • The Ghost Brigades - John Scalzi
  • Night Train to Rigel - Timothy Zahn
  • The Last Colony - John Scalzi
 I'm actually blown away by the fact that I read four sci-fi novels in a row. One of my big gripes last year is that I didn't think I read enough of the stuff, especially compared to all the fantasy novels. I'm not going to read too much into my slow start on the latter because that's what it is, a slow start. By year's end, the number of fantasy books I've read will probably have tripled. The mystery/crime fiction needs some work because I want to read a lot more of it this year than I did last.

I highly recommend the Old Man's War series, btw. It's excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment