Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Weirdness Wednesday: Holy crap, look at that thing on his neck!

 I also posted about this on my history blog, but I thought I'd share it here too. Kim Il-Sung, the founder of North Korea, had a giant...thing on the back of his neck and man, was that sucker B I G.


Like I said, B I G. According to Wikipedia, he had a condition called calcinosis which causes calcium deposits to accumulate in the body. So you're probably wondering why he didn't just get it removed? Well, the official reason is that it was considered too dangerous to remove owing to it being so close to his spine and brain. Unofficially, it's rumored that he was too scared - paranoia made him too fearful that he would get bumped off while under the knife. I guess if you're the founder and leader of a brutal regime, you're bound to be worried about bad karma catching up with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment