- Han Solo: The Mal Reynolds of the group, obviously. Both have the same personalities and willingness to do what's needed: Mal kicked a guy into the engine of the Serenity and Han, before Lucas' editing, shot Greedo first.
- Lando Calrissian: Jayne Cobb. While Han and Lando might not have the same rough relationship that Mal and Jayne share, it works well enough.
- Mara Jade: Zoe for no other reason than in the Star Wars Expanded Universe she's married to Luke. The obvious problem of course is the lack of a longstanding relationship with Han to mirror Zoe's with Mal.
- Luke Skywalker: Hoban Washburne. This is more bare bones and has to do solely with their respective piloting skills. It goes without saying that Chewie and Luke aren't married.
- Leia Organa: Obvious choice is obvious: Inara Serra. During Firefly's brief run, it was all but stated that Mal and Inara had a history prior to the start of the series. It's not much of a stretch, especially since Han and Leia's relationship mirrored the former two's for much of the Original Trilogy.
- Chewbacca: Kaylee Fyre. A very hairy Kaylee Fyre. I apologize for the resulting mental image.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: Book, duh.
- R2-D2 and C-3PO: No.frakking.clue.
- Jacen and Jaina Solo: Han and Leia's children from the EU could work as Simon and River Tam, I suppose.
Like I said, it doesn't quite gel together perfectly, but it is interesting. This is one of those times when I wish I could draw, because this would make for one hell of a picture.