Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hanna-Barbera had some good superheroes

Credit goes to Cal for posting these on his blog first. I really wanted to know who created these awesome pictures and did some snooping and found the source, an artist named Salvador Anguiano. I loved watching these Hanna-Barbera cartoons when I was a kid and back when Cartoon Network and other channels still aired them. The art and animation was of a better quality than a lot of newer cartoons at the time and while the plots weren't typically complex, they were compelling enough to hold my attention and fuel my imagination.


 I always dug the Galaxy Trio and I really feel like they deserve a reboot either as a cartoon or a comic.

 Harvey Birdman was a great show, but I hate that it's completely overshadowed the original Birdman cartoon, which was an outstanding show.
 I wonder who would win in a fight, Mightor or Thor?
 Can I just say that it sucks that Blue Falcon was overshadowed by Dyno-Mutt? The latter was a great comic relief, but BF was completely under-utilized and ignored.

Much like Birdman, Space Ghost has been overshadowed by the Coast-to-Coast incarnation of the character. I would look to see a reboot of the original, with a focus on his origins. Some comic book company did a mini-series a long time ago with that premise and it was okay, but felt too rushed and compressed.

Really, I would love to see all of these characters get a second chance at life, along with other characters like The Herculoids and Thundarr the Barbarian. Maybe we could get some movies and a Hanna-Barbera Cinematic Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment