Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Finished: Stardust by Neil Gaiman. Next Up: The Magicians by Lev Grossman

I finished up with Stardust yesterday, a day later than I wanted to. Monday was pretty much a wash to get any reading done. So how was it? Magical, great, and just so much fun to read. There were no dead spots that I had to slog through like books sometimes have. It and the 2007 movie based on it are as different as night and day. Whereas the movie is more of a regular fantasy film, the book is much more like a fairy tale. I'm not dumping on the Stardust movie, because it's really quite good, but at the same time, I think the book edges it out.

Anyways, as the title of this post says, the next book on my reading list is Lev Grossman's The Magicians.

One of the reasons why I chose this is because Syfy's TV adaption is set to premiere this month and I want to read the book before hand. That's not the sole or even primary reason, however. I've had this book for several years now (either a Goodwill or library book sale find), which in of itself is reason enough, but also I've heard nothing but good things about The Magicians, so it's worth checking out at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment