Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Coming soon, not unlike an over-excited teenager

Howdy all, just thought I'd give a heads up on some new features I plan on introducing to the blog in the coming weeks.

Off Topic Tuesdays: I'm going to quote TV Tropes and say that this is exactly what it says on the tin. Every Tuesday I'll post about a topic that lays outside the purview of Nerd Trash. It might be politics, current events, fashion, or some such. I might even get personal. I'm planning on creating a graphic for it (because I have l33t MS Paint skillz).

Wikipedia Wednesdays: I go on Wikipedia and hit the "Random Article" button and post the link, the opening paragraph, and my own thoughts on whatever comes up.

She-Hulk ____: I'm basing this solely on the fact that some previous She-Hulk posts have attracted a decent number (for me) of hits. I haven't yet decided what day of the week this will fall on, but I'm leaning towards Thursday.

Shout-Out Friday: I am the master of self-explanatory titles. Shout-Out Friday is something I'm iffy about, but it piqued my interest when it came to mind. The idea would be once a week, I'd give someone's blog a shout-out.

Finally, I'm mulling over something for Mondays called "Ironmania" wherein I post a picture(s) of Iron Man, along with commentary. It'll probably be just pictures of his different armors since his inception, along with some of his more wackier moments (dat nose, doe), and more. I guess Iron Mondays would be a better title, eh?

The overall idea is to help keep me motivated to post every week and to actually give me something to post rather than struggling to scrap something together. There will still be posts not related to these features, so it's not like I'm going to only post a thing a day. Usually. Like Off Topic Tuesdays, I might try and cobble together graphics for each feature, but don't expect BMWs when you're going to get Edsels.

So when will all this start? Sometime in the next couple of weeks. I want to build up a stockpile of posts before I roll anything out. I'm also going to be just too busy this week with real life stuff to launch any of this right now.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment