Thursday, January 14, 2016

You'll be missed, Alan Rickman

(via Wikipedia)
Found out about his death this morning and boy, did that ever take the wind out of my sails. I'm not a Potterhead, but I know how big of a deal he was to that fandom and I feel for them with all my heart. Die Hard was the first movie that I ever saw him in and Hans Gruber is still one of my favorite movie villains and just plain one of the coolest ever. Love, Actually is another favorite because it was the first one I watched where he wasn't the villain. He was just a husband who found himself walking the line between fidelity and infidelity without ever crossing it. Watching his character struggle with temptation made me realize just how talented Rickman was. We definitely lost one of the greats and we're all the lesser for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment