Friday, August 23, 2013

And the next guy to don the cape and cowl is...Ben Affleck

But in all seriousness, I'm going to withhold judgement on this until a later point. Truth be told, I'm not thrilled with the idea of a Superman/Batman movie to begin with, because I think the money could have gone into something better, like a Wonder Woman movie. I mean, is there really a pressing need to give those two characters a movie and not her?

Having said that, I think people should at least give Ben Affleck a break. Yes, he starred in Daredevil and yes that movie was bad, but it wasn't Batman and Robin bad. I think if the movie had been made today, it would have fared better. Plus, it's not exactly easy to make a superhero movie where said superhero is blind.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also leaning towards ambivalent. Whatever Ben Affleck did to earn the ire of the public (or just the nerd public), I'd like to think he's done his time. Let's hope we can all move forward like mature adults and hate his Batman based on its own merits. ;)

    ReplyDelete