Friday, March 11, 2016

Captain America: Civil War trailer: Tom Holland's voice is going to take some getting used to

So I finally watched the newly released trailer for the next Captain America movie. Generally, I don't watch trailers because they just don't interest me (I'm not much of a movie-goer), but I saw a short clip from the trailer on Tumblr (yes, somebody clipped a trailer, welcome to the world of tomorrow) of Spider-Man relieving Cap of his shields and wanted to make sure it was legit, since the clip didn't show Spidey himself.



I liked the trailer overall, but Tom Holland's voice just bugged me. I grok that he's playing a teenage Spidey and I'm all for that, but Holland is 19 years old according to Google but sounds like he's barely a teenager. I don't know, I'm probably biased because of the Raimi movies or I'm used to Spider-Man being played by older actors. This was the first time I've ever heard the guy's voice, so it might just take some getting used to.

There's a bit at the beginning of the trailer where what's-his-face is going through all the destruction caused in Avengers, The Winter Soldier, and Age of Ultron and when they get the latter, you see Wanda look down in shame. Steve sees her reaction and tells the guy "Okay, that's enough." This is what I like about Steve and what the movies have gotten so right about his character. The Avengers are more than a team to him. He cares about them and isn't going to let Wanda be guilt-tripped by some douche in a suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment