Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I only watch like two movies a year and Marvel's already got me maxed out

Generally, I really do only watch one or two new releases a year. I usually claim that it's partly because of never having the cash when a movie I want to see drops (because I end up spending on other things, like books), but in all honesty, it's because I'm lazy and a master procrastinator. The local theater in town is a small one and typically only shows a movie for about two weeks before swapping it for another new release (Black Panther was an exception and rightly so) and I drag my feet long enough that I tend to miss the ones that I might have wanted to watch.

Fortunately, I did manage to see Black Panther. A side note here, but there were only about six other people there that day and most of them were old and white. That movie really did cross generational and racial barriers.

So that was the first movie and the second is going to be...Infinity War. Not on the opening weekend and maybe not even on the first week, but I will be seeing it, come hell or high water.

But of course the problem there is after that, I'm "maxed out" so to speak. I don't pay attention to release schedules, so, for the most part, I don't know what's coming out for the rest of the year. I know that Han Solo movie is hitting theaters next month, but I lost any interest I had in it last year after the kerfluffle with Lucasfilm firing the directors and whatnot.

So will Infinity War be the last movie I see for the rest of 2018? Unless the sequels to Wonder Woman and Black Panther are released this year, then probably maybe yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment