Sunday, May 27, 2018

Life Status Update #2

Hey-o, it's been a minute and a half since I last posted on here, hasn't it? Well, hopefully all that will change very soon as things in the real world start turning up Milhouse! So as you might know, my dad is currently battling cancer, and I have phenomenal news: he's almost beaten it. We learned on Monday that he only had ten more radiation treatments and two more chemos left before he's hopefully done. If after that tests show him as clear, all he'll have to do is take some drug once a month for the next twelve months and then he's done.

On the more hilarious side of things, I recently learned that I am ridiculously allergic to poison ivy. A relative of the old woman who used to live next door asked me to weed out a flower bed in the latter's backyard and did you know that touching the roots of a poison ivy plant is just as bad as touching the leaves? Because I sure as hell didn't. As a result, I broke out bad everywhere. It's finally going away and I'll honestly not be sad to see it go.

On a more hilarious and NSFW (not to mention not safe for humanity) note, I did end up having to visit the emergency room of the local hospital because of an unexpected complication from the ivy outbreak. You see, folks, I neglected to wash my hands before using the bathroom and the itch spread to a certain part of the male anatomy.

Pro-tip: Always wash your hands immediately after coming into contact with poison ivy and definitely do not use the bathroom first. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment