Saturday, July 21, 2018

My mysteries and thrillers bookshelves

I recently spent time (and sanity) moving the bookcases in my room around so that they weren't all in one cramped space. I also did a bit of organization and gave one of my big cases over to my collection of thriller and adventure novels. Check them out below. Excuse the crappy quality of the pictures - my phone is crap and I can't take a steady picture to save my life!





So this is the Shelf O' Mysteries. It's a hodge-podge of books I've picked up from various secondhand sources such as thrift stores, library book sales, etc. The pictures might be too blurry to make out the titles, so here's a brief rundown:

Shelf #1: Mostly Martha Grimes' Richard Jury books mixed with Sherlock, Thomas Harris, and Robert Galbraith.

Shelf #2: Tony Hillerman's Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee series, P.D. James, Henning Mankell, John Mortimer, and Alexander McCall.

Shelf #3: Almost entirely John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series, with Dorothy Sayers, Peter Mayhew, and Ruth Rendell mixed in.

Now to the other bookcase.





I'm almost tempted to call this the "Adventure Shelf" because of all of the thrillers and action-thrillers on here.

Shelf #1: Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, and Clive Cussler make up the bulk of this shelf. There's also a Ted Bell, a C.S. Forester, and a couple Vince Flynns as well.

Shelf #2: W.E.B. Griffin and John Grisham by and large. Jack Higgins, John Jakes, and two John le Carre's round it out.

Shelf #3: The rest of the le Carres, along with Robert Ludlum, and Matthew Reilly. This shelf also contains four history books: two by Cornelius Ryan, another about the Boer War (I can't remember which), and one about the American frontier. Those are there because they're adventures. Terrible, heartbreaking adventures, but adventures all the same.

Like I said before, my book collection is a hodge-podge from secondhand sources, but they're still pretty good. I try to choose books that I'm confident that I'll actually read and then do my best to follow through with that confidence. Doesn't always work out that way, but so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment