Saturday, November 11, 2017

Why I'm boycotting the Arrowverse

Credit: Bettina Strauss/The CW
(via Entertainment Weekly)
 In case you haven't heard, Andrew Kreisberg, one of the executive producers of The CW's Arrowverse (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow) was suspended due to allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact. He stands accused by nineteen people (seventeen women and two men) and is yet another man outed as a sexual predator in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein revelations. I believe his accusers not least because victims are often not believed and as a result most will never step forward both because of that and the fear of retaliation. The fact that nineteen people have come forward to accuse him adds a tremendous amount of weight to the accusations. That not all of them are women is another thing, because I have to imagine male victims are even less likely to come forward with their stories.

And because of all of that, if Kreisberg isn't fired and is allowed to return as executive producer, then I won't be watching any of the Arrowverse TV shows. I love the shows and the cast and characters dearly, but I cannot in good conscience support them if a serial predator is helming them.

To take a step further, I may not watch any of the shows until he is fired. Like with the above, I realize that this won't cause even a tiny ripple, but I have to stand by for what's right and supporting his victims is what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment