Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm not even a computer geek and this picture gave me a nerd boner

I'm not even going to lie, I would gladly give up modern tech and gadgets if I could go back and live in the late 70s and the 80s for a while. It would be an interesting experience. I'd love to hang out with the Homebrew Computer Club, and build and program my own computer the way geeks did back then. Of course, I would probably likely go stir crazy without internet access or cable.

(Picture via This Day In Tech)

2 comments:

  1. They had cable back then, but it was pricey and only available in some areas mostly in California (and maybe New York).

    There was also BBSes. Low-tech internet with phone charges. That or use the USENet at College/Universities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. In fact, the forty-third anniversary of the first data packet sent from computer to computer was last month. It was before my time, but it's all fascinating.

      Delete