Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Welp, so much for Terra Nova.

Blastr reports that Fox's time traveling show with (not enough) dinosaurs will probably be shitcanned, since other shows like Alcatraz and Touch are showing more success than the former. Apparently, Fox was going to use that as an indicator on whether to continue or drop Terra Nova. There is a fan campaign to save it, involving sending plastic dinosaurs to Fox headquarters, but yeah, I'm not holding my breath that Fox will renew it for another season.

I'll admit that Terra Nova wasn't the strongest show when it came to acting and some of the episodes were definitely forgettable, but I enjoyed it enough to give up watching How I Met Your Mother for Terra Nova's entire season. I liked the freshness of it - it's not everyday you see a TV series involving time travel to an alternate Earth, let alone one that also included dinosaurs. The finale and hints at what a second season might entail were both interesting and intriguing enough, at least to me, to warrant one. I don't see Terra Nova being one of those shows that goes on for ten seasons, I never did, but doing another wouldn't kill Fox.

1 comment:

  1. Whaaaat. Well, shit. I actually enjoyed this show a lot, much more than that mess of a show Primeval. So much for sci-fi dramas, I guess.

    ReplyDelete