Sunday, November 25, 2012

YouTube will be the death of me: I just found out there's anime on there

I know, a day late and a dollar short, but in my defense, before two weeks ago, I only used YouTube to listen to music and watch TableTop and The Guild. But since then, I've started devouring shows and actually enjoying it. Then, I discovered that the original Mobile Suit Gundam series is on YouTube the other day, and much, much more anime for my viewing pleasure, just now.

It's quite nice to see some companies using their noodles and utilizing the internet to promote their stuff. I mean, if you put your shows on the internet and let people watch them for free, it'll have a positive impact on your bottom line because most of those viewers will go out and buy the DVDs/Blu-rays. You'd think more media companies would realize that, but most are still stuck in the old days.

The fact that all those shows have been on there for several years just makes me feel like a bit of a dumbass, though - I could have been watching that stuff sooner! At least I understand now how people can completely write television out of the entertainment equation. I'm trying, but it's tough. I like wrestling and while WWE does upload their Monday Night RAW show to Hulu after it airs on TV, I'd rather not wait a day to get my wrestling fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment