Friday, June 28, 2013

Is Apple Campus 2: Electric Boogaloo really just a big stargate (an iGate, if you will)?

People seem to think that the futuristic headquarters of Apple's new campus looks like a space ship and I have to agree:

Credit: The Future Journalism Project.
But you know what? It looks a lot like something else from science fiction. It wasn't until I saw this post on The Future Journalism Project that it hit me like Mjolnir to the head: that thing looks like a frakking stargate! True, it doesn't look like the ones from Stargate: SG-1, but it does bear a resemblance to the ones seen in Stargate: Atlantis.

Via Stargate Wiki.
Mark my words, on the day they dedicate that thing, Apple will somehow stand it up and dial an address to another gate. The DHD is probably an iPhone app.

Can you tell that I miss the Stargate franchise? Because I do. I miss it like Browncoats miss new episodes of Firefly. But in all seriousness, would anybody be surprised if Apple or Google built a stargate? Of course not.

No comments:

Post a Comment