Monday, January 27, 2014

In which I am done with wrestling for the forseeable future.

Because Dave Batista won the Royal Rumble. The problem with that is that Batista hadn't wrestled a match in four years prior to the Rumble. He had quit back in 2010 to pursue a career in MMA because I guess he thought he was going to be the next Brock Lesnar or something. Then he started up an acting career and when the MMA career floundered, he returned to the WWE. This, combined with WWE's seemingly legitimate disinterest in promoting Daniel Bryan to the top of the ladder, just killed my enthusiasm for wrestling. Bryan is more over with wrestling fans than Hulk Hogan ever was, even at the peak of his popularity. Same with The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin and yet, WWE is just unwilling to make him the top guy in the company. I thought it was just a ploy to build fans up into a frothing frenzy before letting him win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, but it's honestly starting to not look like a ploy. So, I'm just going to take a break from wrestling for a while. Couple months at least.

What happened tonight and Daniel Bryan aren't the only reasons why I'm taking a break from wrestling. I've been tempted for a while now, since the new fall TV season started. There's a lot of shows out there that I want to check out, some of which come on Mondays and naturally conflict with Monday Night Raw: Almost Human, Black List, Sleepy Hollow, whatever else. I'll be watching those instead.

And now I'll end this post by venting some of my wrestling fan rage.

*ahem*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK BATISTA AND THE WWE! JUST GIVE DANIEL BRYAN THE GODDAMN BELT AND MAKE HIM THE NEW TOP GUY, GODDAMMIT. FUCKING SHIT DAMN!

*ahem*

No comments:

Post a Comment