Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Movies watched: The week of March 10

Because apparently Sunday is the start of the week and not the end of it??? I always assumed that Monday was the start because that's when everybody goes back to work and school but I'm wrong, I guess. ANYWAYS.

Finally got around to watching this and enjoyed it a lot.

Rating: 9.5/10
Not bad. I might rewatch it again at some point.

Rating: 7.5/10
My god, that bit at the end with Eggsy and Tilde had me rolling on the floor. Wish I had watched this sooner.

Rating: 9/10.
Not as bad as I thought it would be. I chose Airport because I was going to make fun of it, but ended up liking it. Not a great movie, but also not a waste of time.

Rating: 7/10
Look, John Wick was absolutely justified in what he did because they killed a puppy and that's just a line you do not cross, people! The fight choreography was pretty snazzy too.

Rating: 9/10.
Dear lord in heaven, that sex scene between Charlize Theron and Sofia Boutella had me fanning myself like a southern belle with a sudden case of the vapors. Other than that, it was a good movie with a kind of meh ending. The twist just felt tacked on.

Rating: 8/10
I might write a review of this one. An okay actioner. The main appeal to watching it is definitely John Travolta, who is clearly reveling in playing the villain.

Rating: 6.5/10.
Watching Daniel Day-Lewis act is like watching a sculpture carve a statue out of marble or a woodworker a fine piece of furniture. You're watching an artist at work and it is an experience. I definitely finished Phantom Thread with an understanding of why he's hailed as one of the great all time actors.

Rating: 9.7/10.

I'll be watching at least three more movies this week, after which I might take a break before starting up again. I'm aiming to write more reviews too, so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment