Friday, January 13, 2012

Holy.Mother.of.God.: 19 foot tall replica of the Apollo 11...made out of Legos!

If that isn't mindfucky enough for you, then how about this? Ryan McNaught, the man behind this Lego madness, used 120,000 bricks to build it. All those zeros and that comma are accurate, folks. Additionally, he included minifigs (the little yellow headed dudes that come with some of the Lego playsets) as both Apollo 11 astronauts and ground crew. He even included a surprise cameo by two droids you might know.

Some of the things that these guys do with Legos are just insane. Awesome, but insane. I think this might be the most impressive Lego thing I've ever seen, let alone blogged about. I have to respect the dedication to their craft though, my hat's off to Ryan McNaught and all the others.

Check out a couple of more pictures after the jump.
I can't tell if that one astronaut is happy or losing his mind.
I think those might be the droids everyone is looking for!
You can check out the rest of the Lego madness on McNaught's Flickr.

(h/t The Brothers Brick via io9)

No comments:

Post a Comment