Monday, March 19, 2012

In which I give Ms. Marvel's new costume a 'meh'

So Marvel is going to rename Carol Danvers from Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel and give her a redesign to go along with it. The name change I don't mind - Ms. Marvel isn't exactly the most imposing of superhero names and is out of place since there's no Mr. Marvel to justify the differentiation. She wouldn't be the first woman to have the well used Captain Marvel nom de guerre, Monica Rambeau (Photon, Pulsar, several others) was the first. Hit the jump to see Danvers' new look.

I don't know, it just doesn't look right. The short hair makes her look a bit too much like another blonde superheroine - Power Girl. The costume itself is unimaginative and bland. Also, I'm pretty sure that no one other than a body builder or the Hulk would have thighs that big. Was she using a Thighmaster on her downtime and things just got out of control?


I'll admit that I'll miss Ms. Marvel's old costume, but not terribly so. It was more than a little ridiculous looking to have a woman flying around in this. To quote Robin from Young Justice, I'm whelmed.

Pictures via Super Punch and Player Affinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment