Thursday, August 2, 2012

Is there a Doctor in Asgard? Christopher Eccleston cast in Thor: The Dark World!

So sayeth Deadline. I read reports this morning on Tumblr that he was in talks, but I didn't want to post about something that might not happen. That's a lie, I didn't post it because I wanted to post the DW season 7 trailer. Also, laziness. Yeah. Hmm.

Anyway, Eccleston, who (for the non-Whovians) played the ninth incarnation of the Doctor will be playing the villain in Thor: The Dark World, Malekith the Accursed. I have no idea who that is. Admittedly, I haven't been a big reader of the Thor comics, but according to Wikipedia, he's a dark elf and ruler of Svartalfheim, home of the dark elves and debuted in 1984.

Excellent. Most excellent.

Pictures via Sci Fi Scoop and  Super Powered Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment