Monday, June 30, 2014

So how did my WWE Money in the Bank match predictions fair?

Pretty good, actually. The only one I got wrong was the match between The Usos and the Wyatts. I predicted that the latter would win, but they didn't. That should have been foreboding of how the main event was going to go. Paige won her match, as did Goldust and Stardust. Rusev was victorious over Big E, who I think is turning into a Baptist preacher or possibly channeling MLK. I didn't predict a winner for the Summer Rae - Layla match, but the latter won. Fandango wore a bedazzled referee shirt with his logo on the back. There was a match between Adam Rose and Damien Sandow that I didn't know about and was just filler. Speaking of Paige's match against Naomi, I did finally learn what a Stump Puller was in pro wrestling:

(via monkeychusetts)
Then there's the two ladder matches. I couldn't decide on a winner for the briefcase match, so I left that prediction blank. Seth Rollins surprisingly won that one, thanks to interference from Kane. Bad News Barrett wasn't in the match because of his shoulder injury. Dean "hurt" or for real hurt his shoulder and left for a few moments before returning and almost winning. Kofi proceeded to try and murder Seth after that. Apparently, Seth died three times during that match and rose from the dead each time. We're all absolved of our sins now, I guess. :3

Second ladder match I predicted John Cena would win and I was right. That was a no-brainer, as I pointed out that Cena will only be carrying the belt until he drops it to either a returning Daniel Bryan or, if the rumors are true, to Brock Lesnar at Battleground next month or at SummerSlam in August. In that case, it makes more sense to use Cena as a transitional champion than say Cesaro, Roman Reigns, or Bray Wyatt who are all future world champions. Can't tell the marks and the dimwits who absolutely lost their shit over Cena winning last night with their usual proclamations of no longer watching WWE programming or whatever the crybabies say when they can't see the forest for the trees, but that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment