Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I actually like Wonder Woman's movie costume

The only real complaint I have - and I've seen others say the same - is that the colors are too muted.

(via ComicsAlliance)
I can understand that they didn't want to go with vibrant colors, but there is a spectrum out there aside from brown and red dark enough to be confused with brown. I've also seen complaints about the pseudo-heels on her boots, but I'm not bothered by them. I like that they went with a leather skirt thing instead of star-spangled tights. It invokes the Greek hoplite vibe that Wonder Woman and the rest of the Amazons invoke. Speaking of warrior women, I don't see why people keep joking about the costume looking like Xena's.

In the end, the only complaint I really and truly have is that this isn't for a Wonder Woman solo movie. DC can kiss my ass and continue puckering up until the character gets her own movie. Their argument that making a WW movie would be "too difficult" or whatever is complete and total bullshit. She's part of their "Trinity" in the comics alongside Superman and Batman, and is probably the most well known female superhero out there, so they have no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment