Friday, April 8, 2016

Carly Rae Jepsen's "Boy Problems"

So I decided to watch the music video for Carly Rae Jepsen's new song, "Boy Problems." If her name sounds familiar, she's the one who sang "Call Me Maybe" and sparked a meme. Anyways, here's Wonderwa--I mean the video.



First of all, could someone spare Jepsen a lamp or pay her electricity bill? All the shots of her in that bedroom are dark as dicks. I get that it's for ambiance and all that, but I've seen caves more well lit than that room. Second, I must have reached that point in age where modern pop music no longer appeals to me. Granted, I'm only 32, but my reaction to this video was not unlike what an older person must have thought when they heard a Britney Spears song back in the 90s. Man, 90s/early 00s Britney Spears was great, wasn't she? I can tell that "Boy Problems" is a catchy tune, but I can tell at the same time that it isn't for me. I think part of it is that I don't grok the lyrics. She says that she broke up with her boyfriend but that she has worse problems. Okay, but the song is called "Boy Problems" and that's pretty much what the rest of the lyrics are about. Again, I'm probably too old to get the song's meaning, so take that with a grain of salt. Third,

Nice hairdo. Very Joan Jett.

I'd probably give the song + video a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment