Monday, July 18, 2016

In which Nerds of a Feather rank Kurt Vonnegut's novels

Right here. I haven't read any of his books yet, despite owning four of them, but I've read two of his short stories and they were pretty good. Whenever there's a book by a single author that's been praised to high heaven but everybody, I'm less inclined to read them for some reason. I'm not opposed to it, but there's definite procrastination on my part. I guess it's because I'm afraid that I'll read the book and it won't live up to the hype and that in turn could cast doubt on whether or not I'm "smart enough" to grok the work like everybody clearly does.

Well that, and satire doesn't seem to be up my alley. Catch-22 did nothing for me and boy, did I ever try my best to get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment