Tuesday, July 5, 2016

They'll run out of capes at some point

So unless you've been living under a rock for the past month or you just don't watch Supergirl, it was recently announced that Superman will finally make an appearance in the second season. The Man of Steel's has been on the show several times before, but CBS never showed the man in full, opting instead to show his cape or even his boots. I assumed that this was because of the DC Cinematic Universe and Warner Bros not wanting Supes to appear on the small screen, but I'm guessing now that it was because The CW still owned the TV rights.

So who's putting on the blue tights and (hopefully) red trunks this time?

Hopefully, Superman will be scruff-free.
Tyler Hoechlin from MTV's Teen Wolf. An interesting choice that I'm still on the fence about, but I've been wrong in my opinions before and I'm sure Hoechlin will knock it out of the park. According to the Variety article, Hoechlin will be in the first two episodes of season two, which makes sense considering what Kara might have found in the season finale.

I'm really hoping for a more traditional costume and not some 52 reboot nonsense.

Picture via Wikimedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment