Sunday, June 10, 2012

Now here's an oddity of blogging

So, several months ago I made these two posts: It's dangerous to go alone, take one of these and Holy frak! Benedict Cumberbatch cast as the villain for Star Trek 2! and both quickly because two of the biggest posts on this blog, which was nice, but also bothersome. Bothersome because they were individually getting more hits than any of the original content that I was putting out. It irked me that a news post and a picture someone else created were more popular than my own labors of love. That's partly the reason why posts on here became few and far between. The other reason was because I had unintentionally allowed Nerd-Thing to become like a lot of other blogs out there, i.e. regurgitating the same shit as everyone else like some kind of Blogging Centipede, but that was an unrelated issue.

Then, the damnedest thing happened recently: those two posts nosedived in the pageview department. The one about Benedict Cumberbatch completely fell off the Earth, while the Zelda one is steadily following suit. I have no idea what or why it happened, but it did and I am so frakking glad! I mean, sure, the two top posts this week (and last...) were the fake Good Omens movie poster and Link's shields, but it's better than having two old (as balls) posts staring you in the face on the stats screen.

I actually don't think they and the regurgitation were the only reasons my blogging on here declined, nor was it the creation of Swords, Dragons, and Nerds and Rayguns and Space Suits. I think I just blogged myself out and it stopped being a fun thing to do.

tldr;
I'm back. Expect more regular posts.

Edit: I just noticed that total number of pageviews has dropped too. Meh, no biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment