Monday, June 11, 2012

She-Hulk movie? She-Hulk movie

Unfortunately, this isn't a "OMFG THEY'RE DOING A SHE-HULK MOVIE DKSDJFDJDS;SDJFLSJFLAJ THANK YOU ZOMBIE JESUS!!!!" post. Sorry to get your hopes up. No, I saw a post on SF Signal that got me thinking about a potential She-Hulk movie and the problems therein. First off, as you can tell, I would not be opposed whatsoever to a movie starring the emerald gal. Indeed, I think Marvel needs to do more movies featuring characters that aren't as well known as Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, etc. I know there are rumblings of Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy movies, so its clear that they're starting to expand their focus. The biggest problem I see is how they portray Jen Walters.
Do we get this?
Marvel Comics Database.
Or do we get the Hulk, but with breasts? Personally, I'm shooting for the former. The other question is who should play her? Obviously, we'd get a CGI She-Hulk modeled to resemble whoever they cast to play her human self before her transformation into She-Hulk. That brings up another question, do they keep her in "Hulk mode" after her initial transformation or do they let her shift back and forth. She does possess the latter ability in the comics and it would probably work better than having Walters be She-Hulk 24/7. Back to the previous question, my mind keeps coming back to Keira Knightley. I can't think of anyone else, though I have seen a photoshopped picture of Megan Fox as She-Hulk. Yeah, no thanks.

As for director, that's easy as pie - Joss Whedon.

Now, we just have to hope that Marvel decides to make some movies starring female superheroes, because the current comic movie genre is a near-total sausage fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment