Monday, December 24, 2012

Batman and Superman have a bad romance

So I've been seeing this post going around Tumblr of Superman calling Batman at Wayne Manor, the latter refusing to take the call, causing Superman to hang up...and cry. I finally decided to figure out where it came from and after some googling, found out that it's from World's Finest. Maybe. I'm seeing two different issue numbers and neither really matches up for me.

I bet Clark just sat in his apartment afterward,
listening to The Cure in the dark.
Hit the jump to see the panels that came before it for proper context.

Nice wood paneling, Bruce.
Like I said, I'm not sure exactly which issue or even comic this is from. Living Between Wednesdays says #294 of World's Finest, while Scans Daily says #297. In any event, it definitely takes place after the final issue of The Brave and The Bold, where Batman got into an argument with the JLA over their policy of not intervening in the internal affairs of countries and quit the team, ultimately forming The Outsiders.

I like how Batman has all those pictures of him and Superman just hanging there in the mansion, where anyone could stumble on them. Way to maintain your secret identity, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment