Thursday, October 26, 2017

Aww yiss, a navy jacket

I've long wanted a military jacket and over the weekend I got the chance to buy one at a thrift store for $5.

 I like the olive drab style more than the generic camo style you see everywhere.


The Seabees are the U.S. Navy's combat engineers. They became famous during WWII when they would build airfields on Pacific islands, some times while the area was still being contested between the U.S. Marines and Japanese soldiers. Having their logo on the pocket makes the jacket all the more cooler, in my opinion and sealed the deal on me buying it. My plan is to personalize it by adding patches to it. I was a bit stuck on that because I don't own an iron and my sewing skills are questionable, but fortunately a pal clued me into this stuff called liquid stitch, so I shouldn't have any problem with putting them on.

Provided, of course, that I can actually find some patches or even decide on which ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment