Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My thoughts on the new season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (spoilers)

So after missing the premiere on Friday, I finally watched the two-parter the other day.

It was okay? I stopped watching the show like halfway through the fourth season because I just wasn't feeling it, so the first few minutes confused the hell out of me. The idea of the band (well, most of it, minus Fitz) being sent to a space station against their will is an interesting idea. The revelation that they were also sent to the future, one where the Earth is destroyed and the surviving remnants of the human race are left to survive a hard scrabble existence under the control of the Kree ups the interests. Still, I'm not 100% sold? Like maybe 80-90% or something? I can't really explain it, but it feels like maybe they're being too ambitious this season. I understand that each season has to be bigger than the previous one, but I'm afraid that they might have gone too big.

In any case, I think I have a feeling on how the fifth season will play out. It'll follow the same pattern as the previous ones by splitting the season into two story arcs. The first one is them being stuck in the future and in space and will revolve around them trying to overthrow the Kree while also trying to find a way to go back to their time. Either they do or Fitz will and they return home. The second arc will probably revolve around them trying to prevent the world from being destroyed. It might also involve The Band fighting the mysterious group that sent them into the future in the first place.

While I'm not totally sold on this storyline, my interest is piqued enough to see how this season goes, so I'll be watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment