Thursday, October 13, 2011

Even Seth MacFarlane wants Family Guy to end

I've seen this story pop up on several blogs today and thought it was interesting enough to post here. Seth MacFarlane did an interview with Hollywood Reporter where he said he wants to do a Star Trek TV series. What caught my attention though was what he had to say about Family Guy:
"Part of me thinks that Family Guy should have already ended. I think seven seasons is about the right lifespan for a TV series," he says of a show that launched its tenth season last month.
 I can't help but agree. Family Guy has gone down the toilet the last few seasons, it seems like the writers or producers wanted to push it into a South Park direction, but only included the gross outs and extremities and left out the smart writing that made the latter such a success. I stopped watching Family Guy last Spring, partly because Game of Thrones came on at the same time, but mostly because Family Guy had become too tasteless. As for his desire to do Trek, it has as much chance of happening as me waking up next to Christina Hendricks tomorrow. Actually a bit of a shame, he couldn't do any worse than Rick Berman and Brannon Bragga did, which was pretty bad, considering the franchise had to be rebooted.

(h/t Gamma Squad via Topless Robot)

No comments:

Post a Comment