Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Goodbye, sweet Clown Prince: Mark Hamill says ado to the Joker

Twitter
Mark Hamill was the voice of the Joker for a long time - nearly twenty years total - but all good things must come to an end and so he's officially retired as the Clown Prince of Crime. Last year, he stated his intention to retire after voicing the character for Batman: Arkham City and with that done with, he's keeping his word and moving on. More than Romero, Nicholson, or even Ledger, Mark Hamill was my Joker. I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series and I automatically compare all subsequent Jokers to that incarnation and always give the nod to Hamill's. The funny thing is, I didn't even know that the same guy who played Luke Skywalker was also doing the voice for Joker until several years ago. It wasn't until the late 90s that I finally got a chance to watch Star Wars (I had seen parts of it before, but never the entire Original Trilogy) and back then, I didn't pay attention to the names of voice actors, so I never made the connection. I'll miss that voice.

(h/t ComicsAlliance)

No comments:

Post a Comment