Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Public Service Announcement: That's not what my e-mail is for, folks

I keep getting e-mails from different companies trying to get me to blog for them or post about their stuff and folks, it just isn't going to happen. I don't know if they're actual people or bots because the emails are similar in that the sender claims to love reading my "nerdy posts" and want me to guest blog or pimp their products. If not bots, then it's very obviously a form letter that they send out to en masse. The "praise" is so generic that it if you replaced the word 'nerdy' with another adjective, it would change the message at all.

In any case, be it man, bot, cyborg, or sentient alien jellyfish, that's not why I have my email listed on here. I slapped it onto the sidebar so that folks could send me links to fun stuff they wanted to share or that I might want to post here, not so someone could try and squeeze free content out of me.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.



No comments:

Post a Comment